CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Good Excuse for a Missed Week

First of all, I'd like to thank Glen for covering for me on Wednesday. I called him around 5am that morning to see if he could cover my show like we had talked about. Lucky for me, he was awake and willing to play music for two hours for all you Saskatoon and beyond folks.

So what was I doing up at 5am and not going to the radio station? Well, this is a good question and because you are such a loyal fan that you actually check out my blog, I will tell you why.

You see, I'm a doula. That is, I'm a birth coach for women going through labour. In this past week, I had two clients (and friends for that matter) who had babies last week. On Wednesday I got a call at 3am, after we had discussed the evening before that there would be no baby that night, saying that labour was started. I was there super quick as I had my escape bag all packed and ready to go. At 2:21pm on Wednesday, December 8th, a beautiful baby girl was born. If permission is given to me, I will post the birth story at my doula website - Beyond Birth Doulas.

As for the good ol' radio show, I'll be back this week! I don't have a theme planned for this week, but next week I will be playing winter songs in celebration of Winter Solstice and the first day of winter.

Stay warm all you loyal listeners!

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!