CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 16h Playlist!

This week's show was thrown together at the last minute, but I feel like it was one of my best shows yet! I'm so excited for new albums to come out in 2011 - I just want to listen to musicmusicmusic, which I have. I'm also obsessed with The Sadies right now, ever since Sunday night's concert, which was bizarre and will be a concert not soon forgotten. Even with one key band member missing, they were still awesome. I sure hope Dallas' leg gets better soon. They have already postponed and rescheduled their tour for June. That was quick! I'm excited already, but I feel a little guilty that it happened here in Saskatoon. And maybe I'm a little selfish, but I'm also kind of glad that it happened here because it meant that we got to see a once-in-a-lifetime set of The Sadies, sans Dallas (which likely will not happen again and as Travis said, we HOPE it won't happen again). Anyway, without further ado, here is the playlist from today's show.

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

6:00-7:00am
Hawksley Workman* - A moth is not a butterfly - Treeful of Starling (2006)
The Waifs - London Still - Up all night (2002)
Travis - Sing - The Invisible Basnd (2001)
Radiohead - The Bends - The Bends (1995)
The Cranberries - Dreams - Everybody else is doing it, so why can't we? (1993)
The Hidden Cameras* - In the Na - Origin: Orphan (2009)
Kirby Criddle* - Death of You - Vena Cava (2008, local)
Christine Fellows* - Dragonfly - Femmes de Chez Nous (2011)
Iron and Wine - Tree by the River - Kiss each other clean (2011)
Nathan* - Gasoline - Jimson Weed (2004)
Elliott Brood* - The Bridge - Ambassador (2005)
Blitzen Trapper - Furr - Furr (2009)

7:00-8:00am
Hey Rosetta!* - Seeds - Seeds (2011)
The United Steel Workers of Montreal* - For love and your mother's sake - Three on the tree (2009)
Sunparlour Players* - Hymns for the Happy - If the creeks don't rise (2006)
Jenn Grant* - How I met you - Honeymoon Punch (2011)
Mother Mother* - O my heart - O my heart (2008)
Arcade Fire* - Neighbourhood #2 (Laika) - Funeral (2004)
The Sadies* - Another year again - Darker Circles (2010)
The Sadies* - Loved on look - Tremendous Efforts (2001)
Novillero* - A little tradition - A little tradition (2008)
Greg MacPherson - First Class - Mr. Invitation (2009)
Bloc Party - Banquet - Silent Alarm (2005)

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!