CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6th Playlist! "Strike two... Baby I'm howlin for you"

There were two highlights from my life last week. One was finishing my fourth half Ironman triathlon. The other was seeing The Black Keys live in Saskatoon. To be honest, I'm not sure which one I'm more stoked about! They were both super awesome and a great time. One big difference was that I was super glad to be done the triathlon, but I didn't want The Black Keys concert to end EVER. They did promise to come back so those of you who missed out on tickets, keep your ear to the ground and maybe you, too, can see this extraordinary band live.

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

6:00-7:00am
Kirby Criddle* - Death of You - Vena cava (2008, local)
Regina Spekor - Laughing With - Far (2009)
Sarah Slean* - Waiting for Someone - The Baroness (2008)
Shotgun Jimmie* - Onomatopoeia - The Onlys (2007)
Scott Nolan* - Open Spaces - Receiver/Reflecor (2007)
Luke Doucet* - It's no the liquor I miss - Broken and Other Rogue States (2006)
The Pinch* - Money
Sebadoh - Not a Friend - Bakesale (1995/2011, re-release)

7:00-8:00am
Good Lovelies* - Made for Rain - Let the Rain Fall (2011)
Po' Girl* - Movin' On - Let the Rain Fall (2004)
Little Miss Higgins* - Killer Diller - Two Nights in March (2009, local, live album)
The Black Keys - Howlin for You - Brothers (2010)
Maxwell's Big Four* - I Know - Young Town Hall (2008, local)
Sloan* - Money City Maniacs - Navy Blues (1998)
Blitzen Trapper - The Man Who Would Speak True - Destroyer of the Void (2010)
Neil Young* - Harvest Moon - Harvest Moon (1992)
Hawksley Worman* - All the Trees are Hers - Between the Beautifuls (2007)
The Decemberists - Yankee Bayonet (I will be home then) - The Crane Wife (2006)
The Hidden Cameras* - In the NA - Origin:Orphan (2009)
The Details* - Reunion Souvenirs - Draw a Distance. Draw a Border (2007)
Mother Mother* - Oh my heart - Oh my heard (2008)

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!