CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hellooooo music lovers!
First off, I have to apologize to you all. As of today, I have not figured out my top 10 albums of 2012. You see, 2012 was a gong show year for me, my family and some very close friends. Needless to say, I am so glad that 2012 is over! Bring on 2013! For me, 2012 was a year that fell off the map in terms of music. It's a sad state of affairs and something that has happened since I was about, oh, maybe 15 years old or so. It felt like something was missing. So it is very difficult to pick albums from 2012 when I listened to (in depth) about 10 albums in total. A sad state, indeed. I may have to get the help from a friend or two to help me out, but that just hasn't happened yet. So we'll have to settle for playing music from 2011 and beyond... with some 2012 mixed in. Also, Happy new year! Hooray for 2013!

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

Modest Mouse - Float On - Good News for People who love bad news
Elliott Brood* - Second Son - Ambassador
Sloan* - If it feels good do it - Pretty Together (01)
Sloan* - Money city maniacs - Navy Blues (98)
Sloan* - Cheap Champagne - Parallel Play (08)
Sloan* - I am the cancer - Smeared (92)
Sloan* - Who taught you to live like that - Never hear the end of it (06)
Sloan* - Follow the leader - The Double cross (11)
Sloan* - Underwhelmed - Smeared (92)
Sloan discography

7:00-8:00am
The Elected - 7 September 2003 - Me First
Peter Elkas* - Sweet Nancy - Wall of fire
Travis - Writing to Reach you - The man who
Cuff the Duke* - Live my life - Union
Le Tigre - On the verge - This Island (2004)

Dragonette* - Fixin to Thrill - Fixin to Thrill
Spiral Beach* - Made of stone - Ball
Ani Difranco - Wish I may - To the teeth
The Wooden Sky* - Take me out - Every child a daughter, every moon a sun (2012)
Whitehorse* - Out like a lion - The fate of the world depends on this kiss (2012)


Bikini Kill - Article about Bikini Kill and their re-relase of their discography.
Interview with Kathleen Hanna on CBC Q with Jian Gomeshi

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!