CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 11th Playlist - The Birthday Show!

Another year, another Wednesday, another birthday, another birthday radio show! I remember doing my first birthday show when I turned 26, almost a year after I started playing music in this time slot. People loved it! They called in to the show throughout the year saying that it was their favourite show. Since it is my guilty pleasure show, it was my favourite too! Since then every year I play my favourite songs and artists on my birthday show. It's not really that different than any other Wednesday, other than my guilty pleasure songs that I don't often play. Yesterday I had such an amazing birthday day... this is the icing on the cupcake! Here is my birthday show playlist:

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

6:00-7:00am
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah - Grace (1994)
Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby McGee (alternate version) - 18 essential songs
Heather Aitken* - Dust on my shows - NessEssentials (2005, local)
Serena Ryder* - Weak in the Knees - If your memory serves you well
Sarah Slean* - Sweet Ones - Night Bugs
Jewel - I'm Sensitive - Pieces of You
Po' Girl* - Under the Chestnut Tree - Unreleased
Jenn Grant* - Dreamer - Orchestra for the Moon
Smashing Pumpkins - Today - Siamese Dream
Greg MacPherson Band* - The day the water dried up from the taps - Good Times coming back again
Sloan* - G turns to D - One chord to Another
Sloan* - You know what it's about - Never hear the end of it

7:00-8:00am
Farideh* - She - Symphony of Chemistry (2008, local)
Royal Wood* - Lady in White - The Waiting (2010)
Billie Holiday - I'll be seeing you
Neil Young* - Harvest Moon - Harvest Moon
NQ Arbuckle* - Huntsville Affair - XOK
Blitzen Trapper - Furr - Furr (2008)
The Karpinka Brothers* - Roll down the windows - One brick at a time (2008, local)
Ingrid Gatin* - Tin heart - Broken Tambourine
Nathan* - Gasoline - Jimson Weed (2004)
Van Morrison - Sweet Thing - Astral Weeks (1968)
Veruca Salt - Awesome - Eight Arms to Hold You (1997)
The Pack AD* - Blackout - Funeral Mixtape (2010)

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!