CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October 13th Playlist!

After a whirlwind of a week last week with the head shaving and all, I am settling back into regular programming here on CFCR as well as settling into having no hair. Before it was happening, I was very nervous and worried. Thinking back, I'm not even sure what I was nervous about! I guess I was worried about not recognizing myself or that not having hair would change me somehow. I have noticed people look at me differently - it's almost like people are looking at me like they are trying to figure me out or something; they look longer than they used to. Other than me being a bit colder than I used to be, I quite like having no hair! I'm a no muss, no fuss kind of person and this hairdo definitely works for that!

I'm still sick this week, so the show is chock-full of great tunes. Here is the list of them:

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

6:00-7:00am
Scout Niblett featuring Will Oldham - Do you want to be buried with my people? - This fool can die now (2007)
Rose Melberg* - Each new day - Cast away the clouds (2006)
Little Miss Higgins* - Bargain! Shop Panties - Across the plains (2010, local)
Corin Raymond* - 3000 miles - Record lonesome nights (2004)
Kate Maki* - Strangest Dream - Confusion Unlimited (2003)
The Gruff* - Lights of Saskatoon - Self-titled EP (2010)
The Heartstrings* - Used to Fly - In a land far away that is fair (2009, local)
Jill Barber* - Be my man - Chances (2008)
Regina Spektor - One more time with feeling - Far (2009)
Immaculate Machine* - Dear Confessor - Fables (2007)
Blitzen Trapper* - Heaven and Earth - Destroyer of the Void (2010)
Cuff the Duke* - You were right - Way down here
Ladyhawk* - I don't always know what you're saying - Shots (2008)

7:00-8:00am
The Hidden Cameras* - Awoo - Awoo (2006)
Ultimate Power Duo* - Big in Japan - We're in Control now! (2006)
Arcade Fire* - Ready to Start - The Suburbs (2010)
The Wild Strawberries* - Heroine - Heroine (1995)
Hawksley Workman* - All the trees are hers - Between the beatifuls (2007)
Serena Ryder* - Little bit of red - Is it ok (2008)
Ndidi Onukwulu* - Seen you before - No, I never (2006)
Sloan* - If it feels good do it - pretty together (2001)
Royal Wood* - Do you recall - The Waiting (2010)
The Karpinka Brothers* - Tether Ball - One brick at a time (2008)
Frazey Ford* - Firecracker - Obadiah (2010)
The Sunparlour Players* - Talk it to death - Hymns for the Happy (2007)

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!