CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I woke up this morning to the sound of Loretta Lynn and Jack White, but it wasn't from the radio but in my memory. I knew that I had to hear that song as soon as possible. Now I'm not sure if people who don't do radio shows wake up with songs that they MUST HEAR as soon as possible, but I sure do. It's like I'm being compelled by the music spirits or something. Also, I really love Portland, Oregon the city so I guess it makes sense that I play the song as often as I do. Over the past few months I've also had a slight obsession with Jack White. It happens, I'm sure. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the show!

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

6:00-7:00am
Loretta Lynn (with Jack White) - Portland Oregon - Van Lear Rose (2004)
Ingrid Gatin* - How did I get so - Broken Tambourine (2009)
Peter Elkas* - Sweet nancy - Wall of Fire (2007)
Sarah Harmer* - Almost - All of our names (2004)
Jason Collett* - Tiny ocean of tears - Motor motel love songs
Hey Rosetta!* - Red Heart - Into your Lungs (2008)
Rae Spoon* - We can't be lovers with these guns on each other - Love is a Hunter (2010)
Immaculate Machine* - So Cynical - Ones and Zeros (2005)
The White Stripes - I'm lonely (but I ain't that lonely yet) - Get behind me Satan (2005)
Cat Power - Lived in Bars - The Greatest
Feral Children* - Motivation Machine - In Awe EP (2011)
Mother Mother* - Baby Don't Dance - Eureka (2011)

7:00-8:00am
Megan Lane* - Lost in Love - Purple and Blue (2003, local)
Hannah Georgas* - Bang bang you're dead - This is Good (2010)
Basia Bulat* - In the night - Oh my darling (2007)
Romi Mayes* - Lucky Tonight - Lucky Tonight (2011)
Blitzen Trapper - Silver moon - Black River Killer EP (2009)
Jason Collett* - Roll on Oblivion - Here's to being here (2008)
Cuff the Duke* - By Winter's End - Sidelines of the City (2007)
The Gruff* - Lights of Saskatoon - Self-titled EP (2010)
Ron Sexsmith* - Late Bloomer - Long Player Late Bloomer(2011)
Well Run Dry - Fish and Bird - Every whisper is a shout across the void (2011)

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!