CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 7th Playlist!

It feels like I have not been on the air for months, but really it's only been a couple of weeks. I find that time feels longer when it is full of activities. The last two weeks have definitely been full of activities - I traveled to B.C., camped along the way, and did an Ironman triathlon in Penticton. Despite the 3.8km swim, 180km bike, and 42km run, I am not too sore and I'm alive to tell the tale of my sub-16-hour adventure in the hot, mountainous, desert that is the Ironman Canada course. Now I'm back in Saskatoon and preparing for a fun team race for the Saskatoon Ultra-Marathon and probably another stab at a personal best at Ironman Canada.

When I got back to the land of the living and music, I realized that the fall season of concerts is upon us! How did I miss this? Luckily, I didn't miss too many amazing shows and am just in time for the fall concerts. Mother Mother is tonight, Malajube and The Besnard Lakes are the same night as Royal Wood. I have a huge crush on Royal, but I'm going to try to hit both that night. Said the Whale is on Sept. 20th. Cuff the Duke is on November 5th. Also, FM-Phasis is coming!!!! Wow, so much. Stay tune to CFCR and my blog to see what is going on for FM-Phasis - I won't be shaving my head, but hopefully I can entice you to donate to my show this year. You will just have to wait and see what I come up with.

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

6:00-7:00am
Josh Ritter - Long Shadows - So Runs the World Away
Feist* - L'amour de dure pas toujours - Let it Die
Tegan and Sara* - Knife Going In - The Con
Basia Bulat* - In the Night - Oh my Darling
Cake - Short Skirt/Long Jacket - Comfort Eagle
Jason Collett* - Sorry Lori - Here's to Being Here
Royal Wood* - A Good Enough Day - A Good Enough Day
Royal Wood* - Juliet - A Good Enough Day
Sarah Slean* - Sweet Ones - Night Bugs
The Weakerthans* - Confessions of a Futon Revoluntionist - Fallow
Sloan* - Coax Me - Twice Removed
The Details* - Surface Breaks - Lost Art
Controller.Controller* - History - History

7:00-8:00am
Ron Sexsmith* - Strawberry Blonde - Other Songs
Amelia Curran* - Everything I've Got to Give - War Bride
Mother Mother* - Ghosting - Oh my heart
Elliott Brood* - Will they Bury Us? - Days into Years (NEW)
Elliott Brood* - Write it all down for you - Mountain Meadows
Cuff the Duke* - You were Right - Way Down Here
The Deep Dark Woods* - Virginia - The Place I Left Behind (local, NEW)
Cuff the Duke* - Time is Right - Morning Comes (NEW)
Little Miss Higgins* - The Dirty Ol' Tractor Song - Junction City
Immaculate Machine* - C'mon Sea Legs -  Fables
The Hidden Cameras* - In the NA - Origin: Orphan
Wolf Parade* - Shine a Light - Apologies to the Queen Mary
Sloan* - Who taught you to live like that? - Never hear the end of it

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!