CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November 2nd Playlist! "There's something out there, looking around in the midnight air"

On Monday night a friend surprised me with a ticket to Elliott Brood. I had been undecided on whether I would go and then decided not to. But a surprise free ticket changed all of that. It used to be that when I went to a show, I would stay until the bitter end even if I had to work the next day. However, in the past year or two, I have often left before the show was even over! I remember being a young 20-somethinger thinking how easy it was to stay up late and get to work/school early. Maybe I'm getting older or maybe I just expect myself to be 100% at work all the time and didn't before, but shows during the week are few and far between in my life. Even Friday night shows can be difficult after a long week of getting up early and working, etc. That being said, Elliott Brood was amazing and TOTALLY worth the exhaustion all day yesterday!

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

6:00-7:00am
Serena Ryder* - Just Another Day - Unlikely Emergency
The Details* - Reunion Souvenirs - Draw a distance. Draw a Border
Sleater Kinney - All hands on the bad one - All hands on the bad one (2000)
Rose Cousins* - Edmonton - If you were for me (2006)
Bahamas* - You're Bored. I'm old - Pink Strat
Josh Ritter - Lark - So runs the world away (2010)
The Weakerthans* - Confessions of a futon revolutionist - Fallow
Arcade Fire* - Keep the car running - Neon Bible (2008)
Danny Michel* - Feather, Fur & Fin - Feather, Fur, & Fin
Sarah Slean* - Get Home - The Baroness
Great Lake Swimmers* - Palmistry - Lost Channels
Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel - OCMS

7:00-8:00am
Jill Barber* - Daydreamin' Mischievous Moon (2011)
Good Lovelies* - Made for Rain - Let the Rain Fall (2011)
Laura Cantrell - Not the Tremblin' Kind - Not the Tremblin Kind
Blitzen Trapper - Silver Moon - Black River Killer
The Deep Dark Woods* - Redwood Forest - hang me, oh, hang me
Jason Collett* - Roll on Oblivion - Here's to being here
My Architects - Airborne - grand designs
Wolf Parade* - Shine a Light - Apologies to the Queen Mary
Greg MacPherson* - First Class - Mr. Invitation
Cuff the Duke* - Time is Right - Morning Comes (2011)
Po' Girl* - Cold Hungry Blues - self-titled
Hawksley Workman* - A moth is not a butterfly - Treeful of starling
The Once* - Coming Back to You - self-titled

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!