CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

When I came into the station today, I was optimistic. But then. A headline caught my eye. It said, "Who killed off the compact disc? Experts weigh in." I walked away from the headline, but I came back to it. I could only read bits and pieces of it. Is YouTube really the MAIN way the kids these days are listening to music? REALLY?! People don't even download music anymore? They "listen" to it on YouTube? I don't think it's the death of the CD, it's the death of MUSIC! Where is the government to bail out this completely worthy industry? The article says that the CD will be obsolete by 2014. As sad as this makes me, change will always occur. Hopefully one day the CD will make a comeback as vinyl did. I'll just have to wait 20 years and try to keep my CD collection as well-preserved as I can. On that note, here is this week's playlist!

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

6:00-7:00am
Arcade Fire* - Haiti - Funeral
Samantha Savage Smith* - Tough Cookie - Tough Cookie
Marissa Nadler - Rosary - Little Hells
Basia Bulat* - Before I Knew - Oh my Darling
Basia Bulat* - December - Oh my Darling
Blitzen Trapper - The Tree (featuring Alela Diane) - Destroyer of the Void (2010)
Basia Bulat* - Oh my darling - Oh my Darling
Bonnie Prince Billy - Time to be Clear - Wolfroy goes to town (2011)
Ron Sexsmith* - Strawberry Blonde - other songs
Laura Cantrell - 14th Street - Humming by the flowered vine
Kathryn Calder* - Who are you? - Bright and Vivid (2011)
Rae Spoon* - You can dance - Love is a hunter
The Hidden Cameras* - Lollipop - Awoo

7:00-8:00am
Feist* - The Circle Married the Line - Metals (2011)
The Weakerthans* - Sun in an empty room - Reunion Tour
Wilco - You and I - Wilco
Little Miss Higgins* - Bargain! Shop Panties - Across the Plains
Scott Nolan* - You Rock We Roll - Montgomery Eldorado (2011)
Lake of Stew* - Sweet as Pie - Sweet as pie (2011)
Le Couleur* - Une Fille - Origami (2011)
Le Tigre - On the verge - This Island
Bella* - Go - This mess
Novillero* - Daydreams and Distractions - A little Tradition
Luke Doucet* - Vladivostok - Broken (and other rogue states)
Elliott Brood* - Oh, Alberta - Tin Type
Elliott Brood* - Write it all down for you - Mountain Meadows

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!