CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29th - Brutal Break-up Songs

When I posed the question on my Facebook page "What is the most brutal break-up song?" people thought that I was going through a break-up. I'm not. I have been thinking of break-up songs lately and about the people the songs are ABOUT. It is a private situation that gets made public. Luke Doucet's Broken One is one of the most brutal break-up songs in this regard. That's really how this whole thing got going. So today was all about brutal break-up songs. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the discussion on Facebook and beyond!

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

6:00-7:00am
Farideh* - Prison of our love - SYmphony of Chemistry (local)
Lucinda Williams - Joy - Car wheels on a gravel road
Tom Waits - Walk Away - Dead man walking
Xavier Rudd - No woman no cry - Solace
Parachute - Mess I made - Losing Sleep
Mother Mother* - Ghosting - O my heart
Fleetwood Mac - Dreams - Rumours
Serena Ryder* - Blown like the wind at night - Is it ok
Elliott Smith - Somebody I used to know - Figure 8
Cat Power - Good Woman - You are free
Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye - Vanilla Sky
Royal Wood* - Acting Crazy (It's a breakdown) - A good enough day

7:00-8:00am
Heartstrings* - Songs about me belle - self-titled (local)
The Sadies* - Loved on look - Tremendous Efforts
Luke Doucet* - Broken One - Broken (and other rogue states)
Ben Sinister* - I'm the one leaving you - On my mind
Janis Joplin - Piece of my heart
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - You want that picture - Lie down in the light
The White Stripes - I'm lonely (but I ain't that lonely yet) - Get behind me Satan
The Barenaked Ladies - Break your heart - Rock Spectacle
The Mountain Goats - No children - Tallahassee
Jill Barber* - In perfect time - A note to follow so


Brutal Break-up Songs by Crystal Clarke on Grooveshark

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!