CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 15th Playlist!

Every fall music takes over my life. There was a time when fall meant the new school year, but now it means music concerts, new albums, and being generally immersed in amazing musical talent from this country and beyond. I was asked yesterday by the powers at CFCR if I would interview Sarah Harmer. I said, "OMG. CAN I??" It was a win-win situation and I'm super excited to interview one of my musical idols. I'm also excited to see her on Friday. Alas, this week's playlist is infused with Sarah in all her glory. I hope you enjoyed this week's show!

Artist - Song - Album (year of release, extra information)
* = Canadian

6:00-7:00am
Sloan* - I Can Feel It - Twice Removed (1994)
The Weakerthans* - Sun in an Empty Room - Reunion Tour (2007)
Paper Moon* - Turning Colours into Greys - Broken Hearts Break Faster Everyday (2006)
Scott Nolan* - Open Spaces - Receiver/Reflector (2007)
Romi Mayes* - How I Roll - Sweet Somethin' Steady (2006)
Sarah Harmer* - Almost - All of our names (2004)
Laura Cantrell - 14th Street - Humming by the Flowered Vine (2005)
Jenn Grant* - Dreamer - Orchestra for the moon (2007)
Mother Mother* - Ghosting - Oh my heart (2008)
Luke Doucet* - Thinking People - Steel City Trawler (2010)
Novillero* - The Hypothesist - Aim Right for the holes in their lives (2005)
Cuff the Duke* - Surviving Revival - Sidelines of the City (2007)

7:00-8:00am
The White Stripes - My Doorbell - Get Behind Me Satan (2005)
Wolf Parade* - I'll believe in anything - Apologies to the queen Mary (2005)
Sarah Harmer* - The Thief - Oh Little Fire (2010)
Amelia Curran* - The Mistress - Hunter Hunter (2009)
The Karpinka Brothers* - Every Time you Slam the Door - One Brick at a Time (2007, local)
Calexico - Convict Pool - Convict Pool (2004)
Arcade Fire* - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) - The Suburbs (2010)
Blitzen Trapper - The Tree (featuring Alela Diane) - Destroyer of the Void (2010)
Wintersleep* - Jaws of Life - Untitled
Metric* - Help I'm Alive - Fantasies (2009)
The Pack A.D.* - Crazy - We Kill Computers (2010)

No comments:

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!

Crystallize your Wednesday Mornings!
Thanks to Olivia for creating this!